What is Pfeifer-Con? Who can come? Why does it exist? What is there to see? Can I win or purchase stuff? All these questions and more will be answered in this Pfeifer-Con 12 preview!
What is Pfeifer-Con? Pfeifer-Con is a private party at the home of Eric Pfeifer. Pfeifer-Con is an annual event that Eric hosts in order to share his love and passion for Star Wars with other fans, family and friends. The purpose is for people to walk around Eric's collection and enjoy what has become one of the largest Star Wars collections in the Midwest. This June will be the 12th year the event has taken place. This event is a great way to mingle with other Star Wars fans as well as make some new friends who enjoy the same things you do. Drinks and snacks will be provided upon arrival and pizza will be delivered later on in the evening. This event takes place on June 27th at 5:30 P.M. Although there is no ending time for the event, a bonfire after party will begin between 10:30-11:00 P.M. Even people like Vanessa Marshall (Hera from Star Wars: Rebels) suggest you should attend Pfeifer-Con!
Who can come? Because Pfeifer-Con is a private event, attendance is by invite only. This event takes place at a private residence so unfortunately, there is a limit on the number of people who can attend. If you would like to attend, go to www.facebook.com/PfeiferCon and send a private message. Pfeifer-Con takes place in the northern suburbs of Chicago and generally locals attend the event. In the past, people like Steve Sansweet from Rancho Obi-Wan have attended. Here is a promo video from Steve Sansweet for Pfeifer-Con 12!
Why does Pfeifer-Con exist? Eric has been a Star Wars collector for 20 years. Before he moved into his own place, he lived with his parents and was obviously not allowed to display his entire collection all year long (What the heck, right?). Eric's parents are very supportive of his love for Star Wars, so every summer they granted him permission to haul everything upstairs for display. Items were taken out of boxes, dusted off and displayed throughout the house. People were invited so that Eric could share his passion with other people as well as get to enjoy the collection himself. Most of Eric's collection was packed away in boxes for the majority of the year (which is no life for a collection). Eric now has his own place with a lot of room for displaying merchandise and he keeps it up all year long! The Pfeifer-Con tradition continues!
What is there to see at Pfeifer-Con? There is so much to see at Pfeifer-Con! It will take too long to mention everything, so here are the top 5 things that you want to make sure you don't miss:
1. Stephen Stanton's Tarkin Uniform: As many of you know, Stephen Stanton is a voice actor who has voiced many characters in Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebels. His most famous role, by far is Tarkin. A custom-made Tarkin costume was made for Stanton to wear around conventions and events to promote Tarkin on TV. At Star Wars Celebration Anaheim, Stanton decided to retire the costume and he presented the uniform to Eric at the Rebel Force Radio Bash. This costume will be on display in the Convention Room at Pfeifer-Con 12.
Speaking of Stephen Stanton...
2. Jabba's Sail Barge Panel: In Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, Jabba takes our heroes captive and out to the Dune Sea to meet their death at the almighty Sarlacc. Jabba is seen traveling in a Sail Barge which is covered by an overhead canopy. This piece of the collection is a panel taken from the canopy on top of Jabba's Sail Barge. This was given to Eric as a birthday gift from Steve Sansweet and it is framed and on display in the Treasure Room.
3. Wicket Fur: Don't miss this piece of fur taken from the costume of everyone's favorite little Ewok, Wicket! The costume was worn in Return of the Jedi by Warwick Davis in 1983. This piece is framed in the Treasure Room and is on display right underneath the Sail Barge piece. This was given to Eric as a birthday gift from his fiancé, Savanna.
4. Adrianne Curry's Slave Leia Bikini: The Slave Leia bikini is one of the most iconic costumes in film history. Although the costume you'll see on display is not the actual bikini Carrie Fisher is seen wearing in Return of the Jedi, this is a custom-made costume designed for Adrianne Curry specifically. Curry is a large Star Wars fan and attends Sci-Fi and Comic-Cons regularly as a special guest in costume. Curry won the first America's Next Top Model and eventually teamed up with Marvel legend Stan Lee to create a show called "Superfans". Superfans was aired on Stan Lee's YouTube Channel called "Stan Lee's World of Heroes". The bikini you'll see at Pfeifer-Con 12 is Curry's custom bikini in which she wore to many conventions.
5. The Phantom Menace in 3D Billboard: In 2012, the Star Wars movies began airing in 3D in theaters. Although The Phantom Menace was the only one that made it to theaters in 3D, many fans enjoyed returning to the theaters to see a Star Wars movie. In order to promote the return of the movie, Lucasfilm put up billboards along the side of roads. Eric is lucky enough to have acquired a billboard that was up along the road promoting Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace in 3D.
Can I win prizes or purchase things? The answer is yes. The first 90 people who show up at the door will receive a Pfeifer-Con 12 patch for free. Also, upon arrival everyone will receive two raffle tickets in which they can enter to win prizes. Raffle prizes will be drawn every half hour beginning at 6:30 P.M. In addition to the raffle prizes, Twin Suns Outpost will have a table in which rare artwork and merchandise will be available for sale. Please click on the "Gallery" tab on this website to see which products will be available at Pfeifer-Con 12. A few additional products will also be available including some items that will first be released at Pfeifer-Con 12. Pfeifer-Con 12 t-shirts will also be available for purchase for $15 while supplies last.
Even Ashley Eckstein from Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebels suggests you don't miss it!
For one last promo video, check out the Star Wars Girls!!
See you all at Pfeifer-Con 12!!